The Planning Department is responsible for maintaining a number of the Township's maps. Maps may be printed from this website. Larger copies can also be purchased at the Planning Department.
Future Land Use Map
The Future Land Use Map (PDF) is a component of the Comprehensive Development Plan. The map is a general guide showing the appropriate future location for various land uses, such as commercial, residential or industrial. The text of the Comprehensive Development Plan includes policies for the appropriate timing of future development of the Township. When making decisions regarding development, the Planning Commission and Township Board of Trustees review both the Future Land Use Map and the text of the Comprehensive Development Plan.
Snow Removal Map
On October 14, 2019, the Township Board adopted a sidewalk and shared use pathway Snow Removal Map based on the recently adopted Complete the Streets Ordinance (O2015-1-7). The purpose of the map is to provide notice to residents and property owners that are identified along key corridors and neighborhoods to address snow removal from sidewalks and shared use pathways within an established time period. If a property owner is in an area identified for snow removal, the following shall apply:
- Sidewalks and shared use pathways shall be cleared from a path of at least 36 inches in width from the outside edge furthest from the street.
- Snow and ice shall be removed from sidewalks or shared use pathways within 24 hours after accumulation or drifting of snow, sleet, or freezing rain; and businesses shall be cleared by the beginning of business hours of the next day, whichever is shorter to ensure safe passage.
- Exception provided when the wind chill is below zero degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the event of a significant snow or ice event, an additional 48 hours shall be allowed for the removal of snow and ice from sidewalks or shared use pathways.
- Significant snow/ice event means a period of snowfall of 6 inches or greater within a 24 hour period or ice formation of greater than ¼ of an inch.
Property owners that are found to be in violation of the ordinance for snow removal are subject fines and/or penalties of a municipal civil infraction. For more information, contact the Planning Department at 517-669-6576.
- The Township maintains a street map (PDF) that is indexed and shows all streets.
- Printable sized street map (PDF)
- Printable sized map by section:
The Zoning Map is a component of the Township's Zoning Ordinance (PDF). The Township is divided into various zoning districts. Specific uses are allowed within each district, such as commercial uses, residential uses, or industrial uses. The Zoning Map shows the location of each zoning district, while the Zoning Ordinance text describes the uses allowed. The most recent Zoning Map can be found utilizing the Parcel Viewer found under the Services tab on the home page.